AVIT, Centre for Continuing Education (ACCE) will coordinate the continuing education programmes of the Institute. It aims at supporting the students and faculty members by providing knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of the society and industry, as well as helping to build national capabilities in science, technology, humanities, education and research.
ACCE will support all learners to pursue their newly found interests, rediscover old passions, develop professional expertise, or simply expand their intellectual horizons.
The Centre's activities also include organization of web-enabled Continuing Education Programmes aimed at Industry, Short-Term Courses under QIP meant for faculty in engineering institutions.
PROPOSED ACTIVITIES OF ACCE
The centre aims at coordinating the various continuing education programmes with the concerned departments and provides necessary assistance and support to faculty members organizing the programmes mainly focussing on the following areas:
- Faculty development programs
- Induction Training Programs– New faculty members
- Refresher Training Programs – Senior faculty members
- Effective Mentoring of students.
- Career development programs and creating opportunities for higher Education.
- Short term training programs/QIP for students and faculty.
- Technology Awareness programs
- Establishing student exchange /faculty exchange programs.
- Video lectures and creating online learning materials
- Faculty Industry Immersion Programmes (Internship)
- Orientation on Research
- Programmes on Innovation, IPR, Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking in association with IIC
- Coordinating NPTEL, Swayam, spoken tutorial, NEAT, Coursera, Udemy, ATAL FDPs etc.
- Skill oriented programs for rural men and women.
“SAY NO TO PASSIVE LEARNING”