The IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading organization of computing professionals.
Founded in 1946 and the largest of the 38 societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the CS is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computer and information-processing technology. The IEEE Computer Society publishes a variety of journals and technical magazines covering various technical topics in information technology. The IEEE Computer Society Student Branch Chapter was inaugurated in Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology in the year 2007.
It has been actively organizing several professional activities such as national conferences, state-of-art seminars, Oracle Certified Training, awareness programmes for rural students, etc., for the past 3 years, to promote the technical and leadership qualities of our student community. This chapter also trains the students to participate in various contests like the national level symposium, national project contest and national conferences.
Our IEEE CS student members are entitled to the following benefits through the IEEE Student Branch Chapter of Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology.
- Free subscription to Spectrum Magazine
- Free access to 500 IT books and technical articles
- Free email alias @computer.org
- Free online access to 1300 e-learning courses including JAVA, CISCO, etc.
- Free access to IEEE Digital Library
The IEEE Computer Society Student Branch Chapter also invites renowned experts from national and international institutions/organizations for guest lectures on latest topics and in upcoming fields. An eminent professor Dr. Prabahar Metati, Department of Computer Science and Engg, Wright State University, USA, was invited to present a special lecture on "Personal Security and Privacy on the Web". This was an endeavour to keep students abreast of the advancements in technology.
The Department of Information Technology and IEEE Computer Society Student Branch Chapter organized the first National Conference on Information and Software Engineering – IETE Tech Review, IETE Journal of Education, IETE Newsletter (one copy in each case),conference proceedings, etc.
- Regular interaction with IETE centres in the region and support from IETE corporate members, R&D laboratories, industries, etc in the technical programmes of the forum.
- Possibility of setting up an Electronics Hobby Centre in the institution with industry support.
- Improvement in the quality of students obtaining the degree/ diploma awards and enhancement in their employment potential.
- To organize the activities of ISF and / or with the IETE Local / Sub‐Centre, prizes for quiz and paper reading competitions, organizing inter‐college functions at the level of Local Centres, visits to various engineering colleges/ institutions and organizing joint activities.
- An annual function in each IETE Students' Forum is to be organized, for which a special grant could be considered.
- In addition, annual quiz and essay competition, national or zonal technical paper contest for the students to be organized at the time of the Mid‐term Symposium and Annual Technical Convention in whichever centre the functions are organized.
- Students will be given a reduction in the amount paid at the time of ISF for becoming an Associate Member of IETE.