IEEE WOMEN IN ENGINEERING
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists.
Mission and Vision
The mission of IEEE WIE is to inspire, engage, encourage and empower IEEE women worldwide. IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow IEEE WIE strives to:
- recognize women's outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE award nominations;
- organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE;
- advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession;
- provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities;
- promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow;
- facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs;
- administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/ Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.