Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has recently constituted Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC), launched in the year 2018 by Hon’ble Minister Shri. Prakash Javadekar, to systematically foster the culture of Innovation in educational institutions. We are proud to inform that our college has been selected as one of the CENTRES leading to an innovation eco-system in the campuses. This initiative will enable the college to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting their new ideas and transforming into prototypes which may lead them to become Entrepreneurs.
Focus of AVIT-IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Function of AVIT-IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.